At Bonner Eye Clinic, we offer free consultations for individuals interested in ICLs and Natural Lens Exchange. Together with our surgeons, patients can determine if these Lasik-alternative procedures are appropriate for them.
Am I a Candidate for ICLs?
Patients who are leery of laser surgery are often good candidates for intraocular contact lenses (ICLs). Since ICLs are reversible, the patient has the option to have them removed if they are unhappy with the results. Ideal candidates include:
- Patients who have had stable vision for at least one year prior to evaluation
- Patients whose eyes have been free from injury or disease for at least one year
- Patients who are at least 21 years of age
- Patients who do not suffer from an autoimmune disease such as Lupus
- Patients who are not pregnant or nursing
Am I a Candidate for Natural Lens Exchange?
Natural Lens Exchange is often a good procedure for patients who are not candidates for LASIK or other laser refractive surgeries. This includes:
- Patients previously unable to have LASIK.
- Patients with a high degree of myopia or hyperopia