surgeons are committed to helping patients understand how their vision
works and what their corrective surgery treatment options are. We
believe that the more patients know about our procedures, the better
able they are to make good decisions regarding vision correction.
Bonner Eye Clinic, we offer free consultations for individuals
interested in ICLs and Natural Lens Exchange. Together with our
surgeons, patients can determine if these procedures are appropriate
for them. However, there are a few general requirements for each
Am I a Candidate for ICLs?
Patients who are leery of laser surgery are often good candidates for
intraocular contact lenses (ICLs). Since ICLs are reversible, the
patient has the option to have them removed if they are unhappy with
the results. Ideal candidates for ICLs include:
- Patients who have had stable vision for at least one year prior to evaluation
- Patients whose eyes have been free from injury or disease for at least one year
- Patients who are at least 21 years of age
- Patients who do not suffer from an autoimmune disease such as Lupus
- Patients who are not pregnant or nursing
Am I a Candidate for Natural Lens Exchange?
Natural Lens Exchange is often a good procedure for patients who are
not candidates for LASIK or other laser refractive surgeries. This
- Patients previously unable to have LASIK.
- Patients with a high degree of myopia or hyperopia